04 August 2013

This Weekend in Photos

The weekend started with a morning at the golf course... Solo putting and chipping for me, and two hours of practice in the rain for my sister. (I ducked in for 20-minute bouts... twice)

While I have no photographic evidence, here's something that caught my eye on the way to the car...


Then we took a trip to Barnes & Noble (for the third week in a row, I know) and I spotted this at the New Paperbacks table.


After wiping out my total book allowance, I instagrammed this:

(Not seen but equally loved: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, and Lexicon)
I have finished zero books.

After that, I went out to the garage in search for my missing beloved lob wedge which has proven to be a mighty aid on the course. I didn't find it out there, but I instagrammed this jungle in my backyard... 


Later on, my self, sister, and mother were en route to Jackson Heights when this happened...


After picking up my auntie, we ventured out to Astoria and dined a delicious French dinner at Café Triskell where we ogled at wonderful paintings that were begging to be brought home. I had a food adventure and went for the foie gras. I gobbled it up before realizing it was intended to be eaten with the slice of bread it was resting on. This picture is also horrendously out of focus. I apologize.


and we shared a Croque Madame...


After dinner, we were finally bound for a fave LIC park for a Hip to Hip Shakespeare in the Park production of Love's Labour's Lost. While waiting for 6:45 to roll around so that we'd only have to pay for 15 minutes worth of meter fare, I realized that I was fully adorned with red accessories...


Then while on the way to the green, I realized that this fancy banner that I had previously instagrammed covered the fence that surrounded the new Queens Library LIC location (!!!) Notice that all the characters are holding books. I would be the one on the far left.


Then I stole my sister's phone and captured this lovely sight. 


Because I took that picture on my sister's phone, I didn't see it until this morning. Then I took it and played around with it and these happened...



Here's are snaps of this evening's Hip to Hip Shakespeare in the Park production of the Tempest at Socrates Sculpture Park. I enjoyed it much more than Love's Labour's Lost. Especially Trinculo.




No comments:

Post a Comment