25 March 2012

Pet Peeves

I don't know about you, but I'm the kind of person who will be more annoyed at pet peeves a little more so than at big mistakes. Whether it's wearing plaid on plaid, snapping your gum, or saying 'YOLO,' offenders will definitely earn a death glare. Here are a few off the top of my head:


  1. Wearing plaid on plaid or denim on denim. The plaid really bothers me more so than the denim, even if it's the same pattern. I'll be lenient if you wear different shades or washes of denim, but try to avoid it.
  2. Snapping your gum. The thing about snapping your gum is that it's a bad habit. Once you start doing it, it's hard to stop, so people tend to snap their gum more often than not. Stop now before I execute you.
  3. 'YOLO.' If you've been following my blog lately, you'll find that I absolutely hate this term. It sounds weird, it means absolutely nothing, and people think it warrants erratic behavior. But seriously, every time someone uses it in context, I have the urge to shoot them.
  4. People who talk really loud. One would assume that I'm accustomed to hearing unnecessarily loud speech considering having grown up in a Chinese household. Actually, my entire family is pretty Americanized except for my paternal grandparents whom I live with, so I've suffered my share of near-screaming. Even so, control your volume before the person next to you suffers from hearing loss.
  5. Substituting Gs for Qs. You know, when qirls think that Gs and Qs look similar enough to replace lowercase Gs with Qs. We might as well start substituing Ls with exc!amation points and Ts with p!us signs.
  6. A breath by breath replay of your life on Facebook or Twitter. Sure, it's nice to share what you're up to once in a while, but I doubt people want to read a recap of every thought you've ever thunk. Unless you're prophetic, profound, or hilariously funny as deemed by other people, keep the status updates to a minimum.
  7. Struts. Walk normally, people! When you strut, the only thing you're showing off is your arrogance.
  8. Pants halfway down to your knees. Pants are fashioned to sit atop your hips, above your butt, and your underwear tucked away and out of sight. Let's keep it that way.
...and these are the eight that I can think of at the top of my head. Believe me, there are many, many more.

Until next time,
J

2 comments :

  1. LOL oh julia you and i share pet peeves #s 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. oh wait. thats everything. YOU AND SHARE ALL THESE PET PEEVES

    ReplyDelete