11 February 2012

#NYFW for all



Once again, it's fashion week in New York and everyone's buzzing with excitement [my phone is especially off the hook from the abundance of tweets]! This is my tribute to the designers, editors, bloggers, models, and of course, the fashionistas who give fashion volume. Without your beautiful minds, we'd all be wearing bias-cut potato sacks.

Yesterday marked the 50th anniversary of CFDA, [Council of Fashion Designers in America] and with this momentous occasion was the opening of the new IMPACT: 50 years of CFDA exhibit at the Museum at FIT. I'll definitely be popping in to take a peek at the marvelous workings of fashion's last 50 years. There are about 100 garments and accessories from CFDA's most impactful designers, hence the 'IMPACT' title. I'm pretty stoked about the exhibit and definitely won't delay my visit.




On top of that, I'm looking forward to runway shows from my favorites including Altuzarra, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Alexander Wang, Derek Lam, Proenza Schouler, Vera Wang, and Marc Jacobs. Aside from the fact that I have yet to graduate high school and have absolutely no money, this girl will be dreaming of fashion-forward looks tonight.

Just reviewed the Helmut Lang show and it was great as usual. I'm really digging the thigh-high boots and really love this jacket (shown below). There's a great contrast between the two fabrics and would totally own this if I could.


Until next time,
J


Admission to the IMPACT: 50 Years of CFDA exhibit is free and will close on April 17. The Museum hours are Tues – Fri: Noon – 8pm, Saturday: 10am – 5pm, closed Sundays & Mondays. For more information: www.fitnyc.edu/museum.


No comments:

Post a Comment