16 February 2012

Fashion Week Faves

Last Thursday, two of my favorite times of the year coincided: Restaurant Week and Fashion Week. That day I enjoyed a lovely French meal at Sel & Poivre in the Upper East Side that is also highly recommended [by me!]. Otherwise, it was also the first official day of Fashion Week [yay!]. Now that the last day of Fashion Week has come, here are a couple of my favorite collections:

Jason Wu
Recently releasing a new spring collection in collaboration with Target [which was a hit! and is now sold out everywhere], JWu directed a fantastic production for his fall collection. This season, he gives a dramatic nod to his Chinese heritage, even returning to his birthplace Taiwan to conduct research. Chinese elements are prevalent throughout the collection in the form of brocade, the color red, and even ponytails bound with tape.

(c/o Fashionologie)



Altuzarra
Joseph Altuzarra, the winner of this year's Fashion Fund, proved his touch of genius in this year's collection. It is said that in the best runway shows, the audience is mentally shopping as pieces glide past their eyes. Based on that, I guess one could say that Altuzarra was my favorite because I ended up with a "want" list chock full of pieces that I could never obtain.



Altuzarra's inspiration for his collection came from Italian comic book hero Corto Maltese along with influences from India and Morocco. If I could describe this collection in one word, it'd be wearable. And damn, look at those boots! -melts-


SUNO
The one thing that comes to mind when I think of SUNO is print. Even before the print craze, SUNO has been layering prints on prints. Their bold aesthetic coupled with the print trends put them in a great position and their combinations are no less than drool-worthy.


Tibi
I've always favored minimalism in many aspects of my life, so when I was introduced to Tibi's new collection, I couldn't stop obsessing. The great thing about minimalist fashion is that it's classic and can be worn years from now and still be considered chic. Even the color palette screams minimalist cream and black and has got me head over heels.


I'll stop here while I can before both you and I get overwhelmed. Here's a quick list of my other favorites:

Until next time, 
J

No comments:

Post a Comment