27 June 2012

If anyone's there...

HELLO, WORLD!
If anyone's reading this at all, please know that I will be blogging fairly frequently this summer.
As it is the summer before college and the very last before my 18th birthday, many have advised me to seize this summer for myself.

So here it is. This summer I will be accomplishing something that I've always wanted: Enjoying life.
Now of course, some may argue that as a child, I've experienced life without a worry in the world. But this is different. This summer, I will be going to museum exhibits that interest me without letting them slip past my fingertips. This summer, I will be enjoying literature for personal fulfillment, not just for summer reading assignments. This summer, I will visit nooks and crannies of the city that I've never witnessed before. This summer, I will adventure throughout New York City like I've never done before.

I've lived in this city for 17 years, 8 months, 9 days and counting. But I have never seized this city, the day, the moment, like I will this summer.
The end of the beginning of my life will go off with a bang. Care to witness it?

Upon the arrival of my new MacBook baby, I've discovered the incredible potential of Evernote. For the past week or so, I've collected a few things that I aspire to do this summer. While I was looking through the notes that I've compiled so far, I realized that I'm creating a notebook with no one to share it with. If a tree falls in a forest but no one hears the impact, did it really fall?


So, friends, here is my list so far:
1. Visit the Keith Haring exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum
2. Visit Judy Chicago's The Dinner Party at the Brooklyn Museum
3. Read Imagine: How Creativity Works
4. Read Freakonomics
5. Read Fifty Shades of Grey
6. Visit Governor's Island
7. Read Women from the Ankle Down
8. GOAL: Finish reading the Sherlock Holmes collection
9. Watch Spiderman featuring qt Andrew Garfield
10. Catch up on my Reading Challenge (GoodReads)
11. Visit the MET's rooftop exhibit by Tomas Saraceno, Cloud City
12. Witness Germany's Euros 2012 win*
13. Attend French Restaurant Week

*They're going to win, and you know it.

Feel free to join me in celebrating Germany's win on Sunday ;)

Cheers,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment