13 June 2012

Dear 2012,

Thank you. Thank you for being an amazing class who made this a truly spectacular year. I may not have realized it earlier, but we've accomplished some amazing things this year. From Intel Finalists to sports champions, we've done everything under the rainbow and more. Thank you for being so wonderful.

I apologize. I'm sorry for all the times I've ever been a bitch to any one of you. I'm sorry for every negative feeling I've ever expressed to anyone within these past 4 years. I've learned that its best not to end high school with bad feelings, so this is my official apology.

Don't be a stranger. Now that we're done with school, it'll be increasingly more difficult to see each other. I didn't realize this until after school when I was on the bus. Think of every single movie in which a main character reflects back on their high school experience and regrets not keeping in touch with their amigas. Well you know what? That's not going to be us. Whenever you see someone from high school, stop and say hi. Don't walk past them and pretend you didn't see them or don't know them. Stop and remember all the great things that happened during high school. I promise you, you'll walk away with a smile.

After reading the messages my friends wrote in my signy book thingy, it made me sad when people actually wrote 'Keep in touch.' It made it seem as if we wouldn't keep in touch otherwise. If there's one thing that I want after high school, it's that none of my friendships ever falter. I'll always be here, so there's absolutely no excuse for us to ever get out of touch.

Maybe this is just me getting sentimental, but I think I'll really miss you guys. The impact of the end of high school didn't actually hit me until our 9th period countdown... and by then, it was too late to do anything. But you know what? That's okay because we'll see each other again.

Oh, and I realized that people get out of touch with the blog if I don't make FB posts... so I guess they'll resume.

Lots of love,
J

PS. Don't be a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment