13 March 2012

The Art of Racing in the Rain

Book #12

The Art of Racing in the RainIf you're looking for your next book to read, I suggest this one. Garth Stein's The Art of Racing in the Rain is a thoughtful tale of a famed racecar driver and his woes through a dog's perspective. Enzo, a terrier-lab mutt, offers a philosophical take on life as a dog. He believes that when dogs die, they are reborn as humans, but although he is eager to experience life on two legs, he knows he must fulfill his role as a dog.

This story is about the relationship between dogs and people. At first, I thought it was a bit silly that the narrator was the dog. However, in retrospect, I feel that Enzo's wise yet naive point of view truly complimented the story and I kept finding myself wondering what he thought about certain events. It was quite interesting to experience the book through the eyes of a dog as I've always wondered what that would be like.

The Art of Racing in the Rain is a definite tearjerker, but Garth Stein makes you feel as if you were included in the sequence of events. I definitely recommend this book because it's hard not to love, or at least, connect with.

Find this book on GoodReads

Happy Reading!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment