16 May 2012

I'm Histrionic!

My friend recently showed me her results to a personality quiz and I was so intrigued that I tried it myself!


Here are the results:




DisorderRating
Paranoid:Low
Schizoid:Low
Schizotypal:Moderate
Antisocial:Moderate
Borderline:Low
Histrionic:High
Narcissistic:Moderate
Avoidant:Low
Dependent:Low
Obsessive-Compulsive:Moderate



At first I didn't know what histrionic meant, so I looked it up:

A Summary:  People with histrionic personality disorder are constant attention seekers. They need to be the center of attention all the time, often interrupting others in order to dominate the conversation. They use grandiose language to discribe everyday events and seek constant praise. They may dress provacatively or exaggerate illnesses in order to gain attention. Histrionics also tend to exaggerate friendships and relationships, believing that everyone loves them. They are often manipulative. 

Several Symptoms: 
  • Needs to be the center of attention
  • Dresses or acts provocatively
  • Rapidly-shifting and shallow emotions
  • Exaggerates friendships
  • Overly-dramatic, occassionally theatrical speech
  • easily influenced; highly suggestible

Tell me, do you agree/disagree? I'll do a quick follow-up later...

Take the test here and share your results!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment