12 April 2012

The Side Effects of Dying

The Fault in Our StarsBook #14

Hazel, age 16, Thyroid with mets in her lungs.

Enter Gus (Augustus). Age 17, a 'little touch of osteosarcoma a year and a half ago...'

Hazel and Augustus are two cancer-stricken teenagers brought together by the heart of Jesus yet they are bound to be split apart by heaven itself.

Miraculously, I finished this book in a mere 3 hours yet I feel as if a great length of time has passed. I fell in love with Augustus Waters which puts me in Hazel's shoes. I felt the passing of time as Hazel felt it whether she was with or away from Augustus. Together, they fall in love with a novel and express sheer forms of intellect beyond their age as they experience what really is the fault in our stars.

This piece by John Green is a beautiful analysis of life as we know it, seen through the eyes of a thoughtful teenager. You will laugh, you will cry, you will fall in love, and you will fall out of love. Just read it, you'll see what I mean. Words cannot express how I feel about this novel.

Find this book on GoodReads

Enjoy!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment