05 April 2012

Okay, I'll spit it out

It's Mount Holyoke. I'm going to Mount Holyoke in the fall. Now that it's officially on the interwebs and publicly known, no one is allowed to ask me ever again.

In retrospect, I regret applying to 5-year professional architecture programs. MHC is actually the only liberal arts school I've been accepted to (because NYU never received my transcript *super sad face*). You may ask, out of all the great architecture programs you've been accepted to, why on earth did you pick a liberal arts school? Well, at first I didn't know why either. Then I thought about it and here's my answer: I'm not ready yet.

The thing about architecture school is that it's all architecture, all the time. I'm just not ready to throw myself into  5-years of sleepless nights yet. In fact, one of the things I was most looking forward to in college was being able to take a wide variety of classes. I wish I remembered that when I was applying to schools.

Here's a tip to all you underclassmen and juniors: you don't have to know what you want. And if you think you do, question it. This time last year, I was so sure that I was going to architecture school. Now, I'm not. Sure, I may be majoring in architectural studies, but at least I'll be able to learn about other things along the way, too.

Life is too short to be tethered to one profession for the rest of your life.

Until next time,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment